Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"Creeping Plague"

It reaches and grasps and never breaks hold
The toxic, ugly, deadly mold
This creeping plague
My tainted soul.
I have tasted death before
And I have seen the door
The door of death and life
The door of endless strife.
I have returned from the breach
The breach that one cannot teach
The void between life and death.
The unknown, the theorized, the bridge.
I have felt my soul be tugged and pulled
From life to death
From death to life
From heaven to hell
From hell to heaven
And to the void
And to the earth.
I know not why I was spared
Or merely saved because other humans were scared
But since that day took place
I cannot identify my face.
I have been dead before.
And I will be dead forever more.
Where I will go is known to me.
And the creeping plague grabs hold of me.
But I feel this disconnect between my body a soul
A disconnect that should be impossible.
No one knows or understands, but how could they?
Only if one has been beyond the breach
And has seen what I cannot teach
Can they understand this poem, this rhyme.
I know where I will go.
Whether it be heaven, the void, or hell.
And where I will go; only time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment