Sunday, September 14, 2014

"In the Rain"

In the rain I can't desert you
Nor will I let them hurt you
But once your rain has passed
You no longer seek my grasp
And so your sunshine shines
And in the sun do you play.
Deserted in the rain I hurt, it's true.
But once the hurt has passed like your rain
And I no longer feel the pain
I feel content and happy and fine
To let you play in the sunshine
Then I feel we must go our separate ways
Me with fallen water, you with ultraviolet rays.
But this is not to be the case
As raindrops fall upon your face.
This is not the rain of me, rather, it is the rain of the sea.
Salty and painful, dimming your sunshine with tears.
And you run away from the salt and pain of the sea
You run to the rain, where you can be with me.
In the rain I can't desert you
Nor will I let them hurt you
One day I hope you'll see
That together we can be.
With both rain and UV
We create beauty.
A rainbow can be made
If together we remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment