Thursday, October 9, 2014

"Void"

When to feel
Or what to feel
Is it really a big deal?
Emotions and feelings are subjective
But lately they seem to be the directive.
Am I not more than what I feel?
Am I simply a feast of which emotions can make a meal?
Every day I am faced with choices.
Where to go
When to go
How to do
And every day I don't know which to choose.
Depending on who is looking
One is right
And one is wrong.
There is never a good answer to this discordant song.
People tell me they need me, that I matter.
As when I am not present, I am told I'm missed.
However, when I return, I usually get dissed.
It can be taken as a diss when I am not present
But even when I explain that is not the case, people can be less than pleasant.
Because of these disses I sometimes choose to avoid.
This is surely not the best option.
So, inside me exists a void.
Some tell me that I should care.
Some tell me that I should be there.
Some tell me it's no big deal.
And to not let emotion, of me, make a meal.
What is right?
What is wrong?
There is no answer to this discordant song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment