Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"Gemstone"

Somehow
Somewhere
She is there.
The gemstone to my setting.
Separately the gem and setting are beautiful, true.
But together the two can do something that, alone, they could never do.
Gemstones are flawed despite the polish, despite the cutting, despite the showing.
In gemstones is a certain sense of shakiness, of unknowing.
Settings are without purpose, empty, harder than bone, but nonetheless, alone.
In settings is a base, but a base without a place.
Alone, gemstones and settings are beautiful to man
But alone, can they really, truly stand?
Conjoined the two create a one.
A one that is steady
A one that is whole
A one that is perfect
A one to behold.
A gemstone is cut to fit a setting
A setting molded to fit a gemstone
And though I am an alone and empty setting
I will be a one with my gemstone the day of my wedding.
Even though we maybe have not met
In my heart I have her set
There is a place, a home
For my perfect gemstone.
I feel the empty space, the air
Where she will eventually reside
I feel the room inside my heart
Where she will live inside.
My gemstone I feel and love and miss
But one day perhaps each other we will find
And I will no longer miss
And maybe, together
We will lock the ring together
With one final kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment