Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ramblings of no one: Me

I sit here on my laptop, pondering.
Wandering.
Wondering.
Why am I here? What am I supposed to do?
As always I am met with silence and more questions.
I look around the world and see varied complexions
and beating hearts within
And still they kill self and each other
Bathing in red sin.
He's black, she's white, he has blonde hair...
After all this time and complication
Should one really care?
Every day I ponder this, and more...
But all that lies ahead for me is a part time job in a liquor store.
And so I lie and cry and wait
For someone, something to change my fate.
...
But it will never be.
No grandiose events will propel me into action
No royal decree
The only one who can make a difference in this life
is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment